Frequently Asked Questions
1) Where can I set up my online rent payment?
- Please visit https://rzrealty.com/contact-us/make-online-payment You will need to use this form to set up your account.
2) What are utilities that I can expect to pay? Do we have a range we can share?
- Tenants can typically expect to pay water, gas, and electric unless otherwise noted. Unfortunately, utilities vary from property to property depending on updates, square footage, and other factors so an accurate range can be difficult. Ask the RZ representative during your showing to get a better idea of expected costs.
3) How much is the application fee?
- The application fee is $30 and can be paid in person via cash or check as well as online. Online instructions will be provided once your application is received.
4) How much is the typical security deposit? Can I use that money to pay last month’s rent?
- Security deposit is equal to one month’s rent. This is to be held by RZ Realty and will be returned to you, less expenses, within 30 days of your lease end date. Security deposit will not be used for first or last month’s rent.
5) What is your pet policy?
- We are happy to welcome your furry friends. We require a $250 refundable pet deposit and a non-refundable pet fee of $20 per pet per month. Under certain circumstances, we may require pet insurance be purchased prior to moving in.
6) How will I get my lease? When is it due?
The primary tenant for the lease term will receive an email shortly with the new lease for the lease term. That tenant is responsible for forwarding this lease to all tenants/cosigners. All tenants are required to turn in leases and need to have cosigners. All cosigners are required to sign their cosigner forms in front of a notary. Leases can be scanned/emailed, faxed, mailed, or dropped off at the office located at 1820 Northwest Blvd. in Grandview.
7) What is a primary tenant?
There is no extra financial responsibility. They are our contact person and responsible for communicating any information that we send out to all tenants.
8) What if I am an out of state student?
Lease can be scanned/emailed, faxed, mailed, or dropped off at the office. If you are out of state, it is still easy to return your lease by the deadline. Likewise, your cosigners can scan/email or fax the lease to the office. If we are not able to see the notary seal, we will contact you.
Before a lease is signed, each tenant must submit an application along with $30 application fee.
10) What if I want to see my apartment again after I rent it?
Due to the high volume of people looking at apartments, once you rent an apartment for next year, we ask that if you need to see the unit again that you make arrangements to do so on your own by knocking on the door.
11) What do I do for move in?
Closer to your move-in date, you will be emailed move-in instructions. It will have all the information about paying rent and setting up utilities. NO ONE will be able to move in if all pages of the leases aren’t signed by all tenants and the balance on the account must be zero; including paying your first month’s rent.
12) What if I want to move in early?
We will call the primary tenant if your unit is available any earlier than your scheduled move in. It is our company’s intention to get the unit ready ahead of schedule. Calling to let us know you want to move in earlier will not put you on a priority list to call.
13) What about parking?
If off-street parking is available at your unit, you must have a parking pass on your vehicle or your vehicle may be towed at any time. A towing company patrols the lots on a 24-hour basis. The is done to ensure that only authorized residents are using the designated parking areas. It is an annual cost with a limit of one parking pass per resident. It is the responsibility of the Tenant to know which lost to park in. on-street parking permits can be obtained from the City of Columbus (614-645-7790). Sorry, no refunds for lost, stolen, or unwanted parking passes. If you lose your pass, you will be required to purchase a new one. Guest or parent parking is not available. Please advise your guests not to park in any lot or their vehicles may be towed.